PPL Flight Training.com
This site is being updated.
Please visit https://www.flight-training-made-simple.com/the-basics
Other Pages on this Site:
- Thoughts and advice on flight training.
- Flight Instruction with Telani
- Personal flight instruction with Telani Lithgow. Let Telani of the Lana Aire Flight Training Made Simple series teach you to fly.
- Private to Airline Flight Training - Pilot Careers
- Airline flight training starts with a private pilot license, then commercial pilot license, then a fair amount of flight experience before earning an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL).
- Fly in South Africa
- To fly in South Africa offers a freedom of movement not available in many countries in the world. There is so much diversity to explore.
- Foreign License Conversion and Validation
- This page tells you how to proceed with a foreign license conversion or validation so you may fly South African registered aircraft.
- How to buy an aircraft A Guide for first time aircraft owners
- When you buy an aircraft, it signifies a substantial investment. This guide will help you make the right choices and lead you to ask the right questions to help you make the best decision possible.
- Circuit Training : Emergencies
- Circuit training emergencies covered are the abandoned take-off, engine failure after take-off, (EFATO), and the go-around.
- First Solo Flight - an unforgettable experience
- Your first solo flight is a day you will remember always. The aircraft will behave just a little differently with you as the sole occupant.
- Aircraft Controls : Ex 4 - Effects of Controls
- Effects of Aircraft Controls: Exercise 4 of flight training - Overview of how aircraft fly and the effects of each control are discussed here
- Chord Line etc
- Definitions of the aerofoil section including the chord line, the mean camber line, relative airflow, angle of attack and angle of incidence.
- Bernoulli Principle
- The Bernoulli Principle, or the venturi effect, explains the mechanics of lift in respect of flight.
- Angle of Incidence
- The Angle of Incidence explained.
- Choosing a Flight Training School
- Important points to consider when choosing your Flight Training School
- South African Flying Schools
- Flying schools in South Africa, grouped by Province.
- Plane Talk
- Plane talk covers a variety of topics from how to fold a map, to calculating density altitude and challenging landings... loads of interesting articles for pilots, or add your own.
- Advanced Pilot Training in Africa
- I thought I could fly, until I went on CC's advanced pilot training VFR course. In two and a half days he taught me things about flying that I didn't know I didn't know. Here is my experience...
- NOTAMS: what they are, where to find them, and how to read them.
- Flight Training Blog
- The PPL Flight Training Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the ppl-flight-training.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Thought for the day
- Thought for the day from Lana Aire
- Video of Exercise 3 : Air Experience - Pre-Flight Lesson Briefing
- Air Experience is likely to be your first formal flight lesson. You will always have a ground briefing before a flight. The principles involved for the flight will be explained in this briefing.
- Flying Solo
- Age Restrictions on Solo Flight
- Flight Training Course
- Flight training course s available such as the Restricted Radio Telephony training course as well as Ab Initio PPL Instruction.
- Jim Davis - Flight Tests
- Review on Jim Davis' booklet "Flight Tests"
- Pilot Training Books
- Pilot training books recommended by expericenced flight instructor.
- Recency and Maintenance of Competency
- The difference between license Recency and Maintenance of Competency explained for South African Pilots
- The PPL Flight Medical
- Are you fit and healthy enough to pass a flight medical? Click here to find out.